About Jettson Lure Eyes
Jettson Lure Eyes are handcrafted, and made to order, in the USA. We take the time to create a quality product you will be proud to use on your lures.
- Intended for use on soft and hard lures.
- Detailed designs in vivid colors, bring your lures to life.
- Photographic quality imaging unlike any other eyes on the market.
- Left and right sided eyes for a natural look.
Jettson Lure Eyes can be used for:
- Custom lure building
- Lure refurbishing/re-painting
- Custom painted lures
- Replacement eyes for store bought lures
- Any other use you may think of…
Lightweight and durable:
Use our Lure Eyes with confidence. Jettson Lure Eyes are made using a proprietary “Fusion” technique. Fusing the eyes together creates a very durable product, which is also quite flexible. Jettson Lure Eyes can be bent and twisted to fit just about any lure contour you can come up with. Jettson Lure Eyes bend, but don’t break.
Another key feature, is the ability to cut/trim our Lure Eyes. Using a razor knife, or other sharp instrument, you can trim a Lure Eye to fit irregular shaped eye holes. Even when cut, Jettson Lure Eyes will not come apart.
Color selection and design:
Jettson Lure Eyes are currently available in over 450+ styles and designs. Our selection is second to none, and we are continuously adding more designs to our collection. In the near future, we will be providing an online facility which will allow customers to build their very own Lure Eye designs.
Current Lure Eye design count:
- 262 Fish eye designs
- 126 Frog eye designs
- 58 Reptile eyes designs
- 77 Other Styles
Multiple backings available:
Lure Eyes are made using one of four types of backings. Each backing changes the basic look and light reflection of each eye.
- Pearlescent White – Our most richly colored Lure Eyes are made with a pearlescent white background. This background reflects just a the right amount of light to amplify the eye’s colors and enhances all of its details.
- Holographic – This is our most popular and dynamic Lure Eye backing. The holographic backing produces a rainbow hued reflection which changes with the angle of the light.
- Chrome – Choose the chrome backing for realistic, natural looking Lure Eyes. This background mimics the subtle, mirror-like reflection of most fish and frog eyes.
- Glow In The Dark – This backing allows for your the Lure Eye to look normal when in the light, but will glow when exposed to a light source. The longer the exposure, the longer the eyes will glow.
Available in the following sizes:
- 5mm – 30 pack (15 pair) – fits a 7/32″ hole
- 6mm – 30 pack (15 pair) – fits a 1/4″ hole
- 6.5mm – 26 pack (13 pair) – fits a 17/64″ hole
- 7mm – 26 pack (13 pair) – fits a 19/64″ hole
- 8mm – 24 pack (12 pair) – fits a 11/32″ hole
- 9mm – 24 pack (12 pair) – fits a 3/8″ hole
- 10mm – 18 pack (9 pair) – fits a 13/32″ hole
- 11mm – 18 pack (9 pair) – fits a 7/16″ hole
- 12mm – 16 pack (8 pair) – fits a 1/2″ hole
- 13mm – 16 pack (8 pair) – fits a 33/64″ hole
- 14mm – 14 pack (7 pair) – fits a 9/16″ hole
- 15mm – 12 pack (6 pair) – fits a 5/8″ hole
- 16mm – 12 pack (6 pair) – fits a 41/64″ hole
- 17mm – 10 pack (5 pair) – fits a 43/64″ hole
- 18mm – 8 pack (4 pair) – fits a 23/32″ hole
- 19mm – 8 pack (4 pair) – fits a 3/4″ hole
Affixing the Lure Eyes:
Unless specifically stated in the description, all Jettson Lure Eyes have a tacky backing. The tacky backing can be used to hold the smaller Lure Eyes in place while gluing or clear coating, but it is recommended that the larger Lure Eyes, 10mm and larger, be glued or epoxied in place. We always recommend that Jettson Lure Eyes be applied using a glue or epoxy so that they do not move while your clear coat dries.
Please note the following: If you decide to stick the Lure Eye to your fishing lure, make sure your paint on your lure has completely dried. If not, the adhesive will not adhere and the eye will move. If you are not sure if your paint is dry, please wait at least 24 hours before affixing the Lure Eyes to your lure.
Organization and storage:
Each pack of Jettson Lure Eyes come neatly organized on a labeled sheet. On one side is the label including the name, size, SKU and type of backing. On the other side are the Lure Eyes organized in pairs. Each pack of Lure Eyes is designed to fit in a baseball card notebook sheet holder. Place a few of these card holder sheets in to a notebook, and you have a great way to neatly organize your Jettson Lure Eyes.
Cleaning Lure Eyes:
If a Lure Eye becomes dirty, for whatever reason, you can clean it using a soft cloth and some rubbing alcohol. Apply the alcohol to the cloth and gently rub until the substance is removed. Do not apply too much pressure, doing so may scratch the eye.
While there is no perfect solution for fixing a scratched eye, you have a couple of options:
- Use some alcohol and thin out some non-yellowing epoxy and lightly brush it over the eye. Wait for it to dry and inspect the eye. The epoxy should have filled the scratch and made the scratch invisible or less noticeable.
- Glue the eye to the lure you are making and apply your epoxy clear coat. The epoxy should fill the scratch on the Lure Eye and make it less noticeable.
We don’t guarantee that this technique will work perfectly, and recommend discarding damaged eyes.
Lure Eyes are made to order:
Occasionally we have some Lure Eyes ready to ship, in our Overstock category, but generally our Lure Eyes are made to order. All orders are processed and mailed out in 2-3 weeks from the order date, but there are times when order processing may take longer. Bulk ordering information can be found here.
Take advantage of one of the largest selection of lure eyes on the Internet. We are sure to have a style to fit your need.