Multiple backings available:
Lure Eyes are made using one of four types of backings. Each backing changes the basic look and light reflection of each eye.
- Pearlescent White – Reflects just the right amount of light to amplify the eye’s colors, while enhancing all its details.
- Holographic – This backing produces a rainbow hued reflection which changes with the angle of the light.
- Chrome – Choose the chrome backing for a highly reflective, mirror-like finish.
- Glow In The Dark – These Lure Eyes look normal in the light, but glow in the dark when exposed to a light source.
Available in the following sizes:
- 6mm – 30 pack (15 pair) – fits a 1/4″ hole
- 6.5mm – 26 pack (13 pair) – fits a 17/64″ hole
- 7mm – 26 pack (13 pair) – fits a 19/64″ hole
- 8mm – 24 pack (12 pair) – fits a 11/32″ hole
- 9mm – 24 pack (12 pair) – fits a 3/8″ hole
- 10mm – 18 pack (9 pair) – fits a 13/32″ hole
- 11mm – 18 pack (9 pair) – fits a 7/16″ hole
- 12mm – 16 pack (8 pair) – fits a 1/2″ hole
- 13mm – 16 pack (8 pair) – fits a 33/64″ hole
- 14mm – 14 pack (7 pair) – fits a 9/16″ hole
- 15mm – 12 pack (6 pair) – fits a 5/8″ hole
- 16mm – 12 pack (6 pair) – fits a 41/64″ hole
- 17mm – 10 pack (5 pair) – fits a 43/64″ hole
- 18mm – 8 pack (4 pair) – fits a 23/32″ hole
- 19mm – 8 pack (4 pair) – fits a 3/4″ hole
Jettson Lure Eyes can be used for:
- Custom lure building
- Lure refurbishing/re-painting
- Custom painted lures
- Replacement eyes for store bought lures
- Any other use you may think of…
Lightweight and durable:
Use our Lure Eyes with confidence. Jettson Lure Eyes are made using a proprietary “Fusion” technique. Fusing the eyes together creates a very durable product.
Another key feature, is the ability to cut/trim our Lure Eyes. Using a razor knife, or other sharp instrument, you can trim a Lure Eye to fit irregular shaped eye holes. Even when cut, Jettson Lure Eyes will not come apart.
Affixing the Lure Eyes:
Unless specifically stated in the description, all Jettson Lure Eyes have a tacky backing. The tacky backing can be used to hold the smaller Lure Eyes in place while gluing or clear coating, but it is recommended that the larger Lure Eyes, 10mm and larger, be glued or epoxied in place. We always recommend that Jettson Lure Eyes be applied using a glue or epoxy so that they do not move while your clear coat dries.
Please note the following: If you decide to stick the Lure Eye to your fishing lure, make sure your paint on your lure has completely dried. If not, the adhesive will not adhere and the eye will move. If you are not sure if your paint is dry, please wait at least 24 hours before affixing the Lure Eyes to your lure.
Organization and storage:
Each pack of Jettson Lure Eyes come neatly organized on a labeled sheet. On one side is the label including the name, size, SKU and type of backing. On the other side are the Lure Eyes organized in pairs. Each pack of Lure Eyes is designed to fit in a baseball card notebook sheet holder. Place a few of these card holder sheets in to a notebook, and you have a great way to neatly organize your Jettson Lure Eyes.
Cleaning Lure Eyes:
If a Lure Eye becomes dirty, for whatever reason, you can clean it using a soft cloth and some rubbing alcohol. Apply the alcohol to the cloth and gently rub until the substance is removed. Do not apply too much pressure, doing so may scratch the eye.
While there is no perfect solution for fixing a scratched eye, you have a couple of options:
- Use some alcohol and thin out some non-yellowing epoxy and lightly brush it over the eye. Wait for it to dry and inspect the eye. The epoxy should have filled the scratch and made the scratch invisible or less noticeable.
- Glue the eye to the lure you are making and apply your epoxy clear coat. The epoxy should fill the scratch on the Lure Eye and make it less noticeable.
We can’t guarantee that these technique will work perfectly. Some damaged eyes can not be repaired.
Lure Eyes are made to order:
Occasionally we have some Lure Eyes ready to ship, in our In Stock category, but generally our Lure Eyes are made to order. We aim to produce and ship all orders 6-8 weeks from the order date, but there are times when production may take longer. Bulk ordering information can be found here.
Take advantage of one of the largest selection of lure eyes in the world. We are sure to have a style to fit your need.